To ensure safe and enjoyable programs, activities, and facilities for all residents, the Wauconda Park District has developed the following Code of Conduct. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times when involved in Park District programs, activities, events, leagues, and while using the Park District Facilities and Parks.
1. Show respect to all participants and staff.
2. Refrain from using foul or obscene language.
3. Refrain from causing bodily harm to participants and staff.
4. Refrain from communicating threats, inappropriate comments or actions that can be considered as any type of harassment, direct threat or actions that poses a threat by gesture, words, or actions.
5. Exhibit tolerance and courtesies and commonly accepted behavior towards our diverse community.
6. Show respect to equipment, supplies, and facilities.
7. Exhibit good sportsmanship at athletic events whether an active participant or observer.
8. The use, suspected use or consumption of alcohol or illegal substances on Park District property is prohibited. While alcohol is approved for select special and off property events, it is expected that all residents and participants will exhibit good judgment and moderation when alcohol is consumed.
The Wauconda Park District reserves the right to dismiss without refund any participant who violates the behavior policy. In addition, if it is felt that such actions pose a threat to the general safety or welfare of other participants, an individual or group may risk consequences associated with the summoning of the Wauconda Police.