Wauconda Park District Patrons:
Like other community organizations we feel a responsibility to do our part in being proactive to help reduce the spread of this virus. Based on the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and the current projections from public health officials about the potential spread and severity of the virus, as of Saturday, March 14th the Wauconda Park District Community Center, Fitness First, and As We Grow Preschool Building will be closed through Monday, March 30th. All programs, activities, and events organized by the Wauconda Park District during this time will be cancelled. We will consider reopening on Tuesday, March 31. Further closure information will be provided at a later date.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recently issued a statement on the virus that you may read online, http://dph.illinois.gov/. Currently, the CDC & IDPH are not recommending cancelling school & programs. We would take full direction and guidance from the CDC and IDPH and other trusted agencies.
As with most communicable illnesses, common prevention measures are recommended:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Wauconda Park District will continue to clean all rooms and surfaces on a regular basis. Park District staff will continue to follow direction from Lake County Health Department and local School Districts, as well as, to share important information with you as it becomes available.
Additional resources may be found at the following website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
Should further cancellations be warranted, we will update this message on our website and Facebook.