Ice Skating / Ice Fishing / Ice Conditions
- The Wauconda Park District checks only the ice conditions at the Beach Park (121 Murphy Street) ice rink (on Bangs Lake).
- There are flags on the As We Grow Preschool building indicating if the rink is open or closed. Red means the ice is not safe to skate on. Green means the ice has reached a minimum of 8” and is acceptable for skating.
- Hockey and ice skating are allowed. Please skate at your own risk.
- Warming shelters are not available for use. A porta potty is available for use.
- Ice fishing is allowed on Bangs Lake. Patrons should review Wauconda Park District ordinances 2.22 & 2.43 on the Wauconda Park District’s website or by following this link (https://www.waucondaparks.com/wp-content/uploads/ordinances.pdf). Patrons should review information on the Village of Wauconda’s website about Ice Shelter/Shanty regulations or by following this link (https://cms8.revize.com/revize/wauconda/Document_Center/Services/Department/Police/MarineUnitBrochure2021.pdf).
- Patrons can park in Wauconda Park District parking lots, but should avoid parking in the Fest Lot and Softball Lot (600 North Main Street) during the hours of 7:00 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday as this is reserved for Wauconda High School student permit parking.
- For questions or concerns, please contact the Wauconda Park District at 847-526-3610 during office hours.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!