The health and safety of our participants and staff is a priority at the Wauconda Park District. Media reports regarding the Coronavirus and its potential impact on our daily lives has been widely circulated over the past few weeks. Considering these reports, we wanted to share information with you about communicable disease prevention and planning at the Wauconda Park District.
It is important to note that there is currently NOT an outbreak of the Coronavirus in our immediate area.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recently issued a statement on the virus that you may read online, http://dph.illinois.gov/. Currently, the CDC & IDPH are not recommending cancelling school & programs. We would take full direction and guidance from the CDC and IDPH and other trusted agencies.
As with most communicable illnesses, common prevention measures are recommended:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Wauconda Park District will continue to clean all rooms and surfaces on a regular basis. We have asked our custodians and Fitness First staff to add additional cleaning in high traffic areas during their shifts. Signage has been placed in all restrooms reminding participants of the importance of hand washing. Park District staff will continue to follow direction from Lake County Health Department and local School Districts, as well as, to share important information with you as it becomes available.
Additional resources may be found at the following website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html